What are cookies, and what do they do?
Cookies are small files containing letters and numbers that a website places on a visitor’s device that can track and log information about the site visitor, such as their IP address, browser type, and browsing activity.
The information obtained by Cookies can be used to accomplish many important functions. For example, remember user preferences or count the number of website visitors.
What are the types of cookies used?
These cookies are generated by the website visited and give the website operator the ability to collect data about a user’s website visit, allowing the website to remember the user’s preferences, including language, colour, font size, or region settings.
These cookies are generated by the operators of third-party websites. These cookies are frequently used for advertising purposes.
These cookies are temporary and only valid when using the Elisabetta Maccani website. They will not remain on the user’s device following the ending of the browser session.
Session cookies are often needed to support valuable website operations, such as delivering web pages in a timely and effective manner.
Persistent cookies will stay on the user’s device until removed or they reach their expiration date. Persistent cookies are regularly used to track a user’s movement around a website, identifying a user’s behaviours, and improve their website experience.
What sort of cookies may be used?
The Elisabetta Maccani website may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance cookies. These cookies provide Elisabetta Maccani with the ability to recognise and count the number of visitors to this website. This information provides Elisabetta Maccani with valuable data to help improve the performance of this website. Specifically, they allow Elisabetta Maccani to appreciate the popularity of web pages on this website and help visitors effectively navigate around the site.
- Functional cookies. These cookies enable Elisabetta Maccani to provide greater functionality and personalisation of this website. For example, these cookies can help identify you when you revisit this website and personalise your experience by remembering your applied preferences.
- Advertising or marketing cookies. These cookies may be used by Elisabetta Maccani to track your activity on this website, which may include the web pages you visited, the interest you have shown in the website content, and the hyperlinks you clicked. Elisabetta Maccani may also use these cookies to personalise the advertising and content delivered to you and may share this information with third parties to provide specific ads.
Elisabetta Maccani may use similar tracking technologies to cookies on this website, such as tracking pixels and web beacons, to enhance your website experience.
A web beacon or tracking pixel is a piece of code positioned on a website or email to track users’ activities when they visit a website or send emails.
Linking to third-party websites
How can you control cookies?
The majority of internet web browsers provide the functionality to control cookies. Below are hyperlinks to the most commonly used browsers, where you can manage your cookie preferences.
- Microsoft Edge cookies information
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
- Opera cookies information
If you choose to block or disable the cookies used by Elisabetta Maccani on this website, this may change its operation and cause certain functions of this website to not perform as expected. Elisabetta Maccani recommends that you accept the cookies used on this website.
Changes to this policy may be made if there are changes to the cookies used for legal, regulatory, or other business reasons.
Please review this policy regularly to stay informed of any changes.